- Electrical Wiring for a Switch Outlet Combination
How to Install Electrical Outlet and Switch Combo Wiring: In most cases, the primary power source is shared between the switch and the outlet, either with a wire jumper or the bridge or tab that is located on the side of the combo switch and outlet.
- Splicing an Underground Electrical Cable
How are underground electrical power cables spliced? How to install resin filled cable joint kits for splicing underground wire.
- Using the Right Tools for the Job
What kind of Tools do Electricians Use? My Hands-On Experience Using Hand Tools.
- Why Is My Bathroom Light Fixture Not Working?
How Can I Fix a Bathroom Light and Exhaust Fan that Stopped Working? The Most Common Problems with Bathroom Light Fixtures and How You Can Fix Them.
- Why Ceiling Fan Lights Flash or Strobe
I installed new ceiling fans with lights, why do some lights strobe and flash? How to Fix Ceiling Fan Lights that Strobe or Flash.
- What To Do About Your Non-Grounded Outlets
My house has three prong outlets but there is no ground wire, is this safe and what should I do? How to Fix Ungrounded Outlets, Grounding an Ungrounded Circuit, What To Do About Ungrounded Outlets.
- The Shocking Truth About Neutral Wires
Why am I getting 120 volts from a neutral wire? Why There May be Voltage on a Neutral Wire. Some of the worst shocks I have ever received while working on live circuits was from neutral wires, here is why and How You Can Prevent Electrical Shock from a Neutral Wire.
- Dryer Cord and Electric Circuit Wiring
My Dryer Cord that is Too Short, Can I Splice the Wires? I want to move my dryer to the other side of the laundry room but the cord isn’t long enough.
- Why a New 240 Volt Circuit Produces 120 Volts
Why is my 240 volt circuit only showing 120 volts? How to Correct Incorrect Circuit Voltage.
- How to Test a 240 Volt Dryer Circuit
My Dryer just Stopped Working, how can I Test the Outlet? Testing a 240 Volt Dryer Outlet, Tester Leads and Readings, What to do about Incorrect Dryer Voltage, How to Fix Dryer Problems.