|« Upgrading Home Electrical Wiring||Sources for Electrical Training Courses »|
Adding a Touch Sensor to a Light Fixture
Dave Rongey -
About Me -
How to Install a Touch Sensor Light Switch or a Remote Control Switch: Touch sensor light switches are modules which are available from most hardware for lighting stores. The touch sensor module may be wired to most any light fixture making it very easy for turning on the light by simply touching the light fixture.
Switch Options for Light Fixtures
This electrical wiring question came from: Wilson, from Greenbrier, Tennessee.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Wilson.
How to Install a Touch Sensor Light Switch or a Remote Control Switch
Skill Level Beginner to Intermediate.
Tools Required Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time Depends on personal level experience and ability to work with tools.
Precaution Identify the light circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
Materials Make sure the remote control unit has the capacity for the lamps that will be installed in the fixture.
- Touch sensor light switches are modules which are available from most hardware for lighting stores.
- The touch sensor module may be wired to most any light fixture making it very easy for turning on the light by simply touching the light fixture.
- Another option for controlling a light fixture where a wall switch has not been installed is to install a remote control kit, just like one that is used for ceiling fans.
- This is basically the same method used when installing a remote module for a ceiling fan where the parts are the same but the application is different.
- The process is not very difficult but be sure to read and follow all of the instructions.
- The base of the light fixture will need to be large enough to contain the remote control module, the wiring and the connectors.
More about Remote Controls for Ceiling Fans
How to Install Ceiling Fans
Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
Fully Explained Light Switch Wiring Diagrams. Detailed Electrical Wiring Diagrams and Pictures assist your Home Electrical Projects.
Electrical Wire for the Home
Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Testers to Help Solve Electrical Problems
Leave a Comment
Learn How to Wire it Right with myComplete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Help for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
This Guide to Wiring is the Perfect Resource
for Your Home Electrical Projects!
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.