FAQs » Related » Resources » Reply » Ask a Question
AFCI and GFCI Electrical Circuit Breakers
Electrical Wiring when using AFCI and GFCI Circuit Breakers: Is a AFCI and GFCI circuit breaker made in the same circuit breaker?
Combination AFCI and GFCI Circuit Breaker
- After reading about the arc fault breakers and knowing about the ground fault breakers for some time.
- I was wondering if the NEC, National Electrical Code, would be pushing manufacturers to create both AFCI and GFCI circuit protection in the same breaker?
- Do you see this happening in the near future ?
This home electrical question came from: Jeffrey, a Homeowner from Flower Mound, Texas.
Additional Comments: Very worthwhile compilation of experience and know how.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Jeffrey.
AFCI and GFCI Circuit Breakers
Actually your right on target. A combo AFCI and GFCI circuit breaker was already developed a few years ago but due to problems the item was taken off the market, I’m sure a replacement will be available soon.
AFCI and GFCI – Now You Have Options for Electrical Wiring
AFCI – Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter
- AFCI protection is available as a Circuit Breaker
- AFCI may also be installed in the first receptacle location, and when wired correctly will protect the rest of the outlets on the circuit.
GFCI – Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter
- GFCI protection is available as a Circuit Breaker
- GFCI may also be installed in the first receptacle location, and when wired correctly will protect the rest of the outlets on the circuit.
More about Circuit Breakers
GFCI and AFCI Circuit Breakers
- Electric circuit protection with AFCI provide the extra measure of safety for your family.
- AFCI’s are installed serving required house wiring circuits protecting areas such as the bedrooms.
- AFCI protects the bedroom circuit devices against the danger of arcing which can lead to fire.
- Electric Circuit Listing
- The size of the home electrical service panel is designed by calculating the square footage of the home and factoring in the code requirements for the electrical circuits that are required.
- Electrical Wiring Protection using Circuit Breakers
- A guide to home electrical circuit breakers and how they work to protect your electrical wiring.
- When properly installed, your home electrical wiring is protected by a circuit protection device.
|« Hot Tub Grounding and Neutral Requirements||Four Wire Oven to a Three Wire Circuit »|
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.