Bathroom Exhaust Fan and Light Electrical Wiring
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Wire a Switch for Bath Exhaust Fan and Light: I have a new bathroom exhaust fan heater light to install in place of an old one and wire the switches.
Switch Wiring for Bath Fan and Light
- I also had a fan heater light. The new fan is a Nutone QTXN110HL.
- The Wall switch box and wiring are already installed and worked with old fan.
- The wires are by the fan – red, yellow, black, blue.
Two sets of wires come from fan (1) for heat and nightlight (2) for light and fan.
- One group of wires is red, white, blue? The other is Black, white, yellow.
- I assume the ground wire is attached already somewhere ? I don’t know which wire is which, except that black and red are hot for light or fan motor. Heater? yellow for nightlight?
- The wiring diagram and pic that came with the unit make absolutely no sense and there are no written instructions for the wiring part. Any idea which wires go where?
This electrical wiring question came from: James , a Homeowner from Laramie, Wyoming.
Additional Comments: I like the website. Lots of useful and helpful information for a guy with limited knowledge about these things
Thanks for your electrical wiring question James.
How to Wire a Switch for Bath Exhaust Fan and Light
Example of How to Wire Switches for an Exhaust Fan
- The Power Source
There is one power source that is shared with both switches.
- Fan and Light Switches
You will be using multiple switches for individual functions.
- Wiring the Switches
Each switch function requires the appropriate wire color.
- White Neutral Wires
The neutral wires are spliced together.
More about Wiring a Bath Exhaust Fan and Light
Electrical Wiring Diagrams
Home electrical wiring diagrams are an important tool for completing your electrical projects. An electrical wiring diagram can be as simple as a diagram showing how to install a new switch in your hallway, or as complex as the complete electrical blueprint for your new home or home improvement project.
Wiring Diagram Directory
Wiring Diagrams Directory
How to Install Bathroom Electrical Wiring
Bathroom Electrical Wiring
Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Bathroom Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.
|« Upgrading Old Home Electrical Wiring||Electrical Question about a Tripping Circuit Breaker »|