|« Wiring Ceiling Fan Speed and Dimmer Switches||Lights Dim When Dryer Starts »|
Bathroom Light Switch Wiring Diagrams
©Copyright Dave Rongey - Summary:
Installing Electrical Wiring for a Bathroom Light Switch with the help of Wiring Diagrams…
How to Wire a Bathroom Light Switch
Home Electrical: I’m replacing a light fixture in a bathroom.
- The bathroom also includes an exhaust fan, no light, two separate switches for light and exhaust fan.
- The connections from light to box are black to red wire, white to white wire, ground to green wire.
- There are also two cream wires coming out of box that I assume are for the fan.
- Do they connect to the hot wires red/black or to each other to complete the circuit?
This electrical question came from: Trudy, a Homeowner from Vernon Hills, Illinois.
See more about Home Wiring for Illinois
Thanks for your home electrical question Trudy.
Electrical Wiring for a Bathroom Light Switch with Wiring Diagrams
- Trudy the cream color wires should be verified, however each function for a light or exhaust fan will require a hot, neutral and ground wire to be connected to a voltage source and through the wall switch.
- Once the power source has been verified then the connections should be clear.
The Following will assist you with your Bathroom Light Switch:
Electrical Wiring Diagrams
- Home electrical wiring diagrams are an important tool for completing your electrical projects. An electrical wiring diagram can be as simple as a diagram showing how to install a new switch in your hallway, or as complex as the complete electrical blueprint for your new home or home improvement project.
Wiring Diagrams Directory
You identified your project to be about Light Switch Wiring,
so you might find this information useful:
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
- Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about wiring light switches describing the most common switches starting with photo diagram 1.
Installing Your Bath Exhaust Fan
- Answers to all of your questions about installing a bath exhaust fan and your bathroom exhaust fan replacement project.