|« Electrical Wiring Diagrams For Light Switches and Fixtures||How To Wire For Two Light Switches »|
Bathroom Light Switch Wiring Diagrams
©Copyright Dave Rongey -
Dave on Google+
Installing Electrical Wiring for a Bathroom Light Switch with the help of Wiring Diagrams…
How to Wire a Bathroom Light Switch
- The bathroom also includes an exhaust fan, no light, two separate switches for light and exhaust fan.
- The connections from light to box are black to red wire, white to white wire, ground to green wire.
- There are also two cream wires coming out of box that I assume are for the fan.
- Do they connect to the hot wires red/black or to each other to complete the circuit?
This electrical question came from: Trudy, a Homeowner from Vernon Hills, Illinois.
See more about Home Wiring for Illinois
Thanks for your home electrical question Trudy.
Electrical Wiring for a Bathroom Light Switch with Wiring Diagrams
- Trudy the cream color wires should be verified, however each function for a light or exhaust fan will require a hot, neutral and ground wire to be connected to a voltage source and through the wall switch.
- Once the power source has been verified then the connections should be clear.
The Following will assist you with your Bathroom Light Switch:
Electrical Wiring Diagrams
- Home electrical wiring diagrams are an important tool for completing your electrical projects. An electrical wiring diagram can be as simple as a diagram showing how to install a new switch in your hallway, or as complex as the complete electrical blueprint for your new home or home improvement project.
Wiring Diagrams Directory
You identified your project to be about Light Switch Wiring,
so you might find this information useful:
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
- Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about wiring light switches describing the most common switches starting with photo diagram 1.
Installing Your Bath Exhaust Fan
- Answers to all of your questions about installing a bath exhaust fan and your bathroom exhaust fan replacement project.
|« Wiring Ceiling Fan Speed and Dimmer Switches||Lights Dim When Dryer Starts »|
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.