|« What Type Of Wire is Allowed for Home Electrical Projects||Illegal Wiring for a Bathroom Light Fixture? »|
Ceiling Fan Dimmer Switch Wiring
©Copyright Dave Rongey - Summary:
How to Install a Dimmer Switch on a Ceiling Fan – Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan with switch variations.
Dimmer Switch Wiring and Ceiling Fans
Electrical Question: I removed a ceiling fan and replaced with a new light fixture.
- During the event I removed a dual pole switch and dimmer switch which were attached to the original fan thinking I could replace that with a dimmer switch only.
- One other problem is there is a second switch on an opposite wall.
- I hooked this up as I thought it was originally but now when I turn on power the light is on but one switch does nothing and the second blows the breaker.
- I am sure I have screwed this up but could sure use some help to ‘right the ship’
This electrical wiring question came from: Robert, a Homeowner from Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania.
See more about Home Wiring for Pennsylvania
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Robert.
The Following resources will assist you with ceiling fans
How to Install a Dimmer Switch on a Ceiling Fan
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring. Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
- Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan with switch variations.
- Ceiling Fan Wiring
- Ceiling Fan Wiring diagram #1
- Ceiling Fan Wiring diagram #2
- Ceiling Fan Installation #1
- Ceiling Fan Installation #2
- wiring a dimmer switch
- 3 Way Dimmer Switch Wiring Diagram
- Fully explained 3 way dimmer switch wiring diagram will take the mystery out of wiring a 3-way dimmer switch.
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.