|« How to Ground Outlets and Receptacles||Circuit Power for Gas Stove Oven with Electronic Ignition »|
Connection for the Blue Ceiling Fan Wire
©Copyright Dave Rongey -
Dave on Google+
Where to Connect the Blue Wire of a Ceiling Fan – The blue wire is for the ceiling fan light fixture, Here is the Wiring connections for this scenario
Wiring Connections for the Ceiling Fan Blue Wire
- What wires get connected to what wires?
This electrical wiring question came from: Greg , a Homeowner from Sarasota, Florida.
See more about Home Wiring for Florida
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Greg.
Where to Connect the Blue Wire of a Ceiling Fan
- The blue wire is for the ceiling fan light fixture.
- Wiring connections for this scenario
- Ceiling Electrical Box Wires – Ceiling Fan Wire
- Black to Black (ceiling fan motor)
- Black also to Blue (ceiling fan light)
- White to White (shared neutral)
- Ground to Green (ground wire)
- With these wiring connections, the ceiling light can be operated from the ceiling fan pull chain or the wall switch.
- MORE ABOUT THE BLUE CEILING FAN WIRE
- If your ceiling fan does not have a light fixture, then you can either cap off the blue wire up at the ceiling fixture electrical box or connect is as described above.
- Most ceiling fans come pre-wired for a light fixture, whether it has a fixture or not.
- If the ceiling fan does not have a light fixture then you have the option to add one.
The Following will assist you with wiring Ceiling Fans
- How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
- Ceiling Fan Wiring
- Ceiling Fan Wiring diagram #1
- Ceiling Fan Wiring diagram #2
- Ceiling Fan Installation #1
- Ceiling Fan Installation #2
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Wiring ceiling fans
- How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring.
- Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
|« Why Dusk to Dawn Fixtutes Go On and Off||Circuit Power for Gas Stove Oven with Electronic Ignition »|
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.