Home » Electrical Wiring Directory » Bathroom Outlets, Outlets » 4 Comments
|« Outlets on 12-2 Electrical Wiring||Wall Outlets and Outlet Strips »|
Dedicated Circuit for Bathroom Outlets
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Install a Bathroom GFCI Outlet Circuit – This wiring diagram and pictures explain the basic bathroom electrical code wiring requirements required for most new or remodel projects.
Bathroom GFCI Outlets are Required to be on Their Own Circuit
- In bathroom A I have a dedicated power source receptacle plug that is wired directly back to my service box located in my garage.
- This plug is the proper receptacle used in bathroom and kitchens.
- From this plug it is wire directly to bathroom B to the same type of plug.
- These plugs are actually back to back.
- MY QUESTION:
- Is it within code to use one of these plugs to power a TV located in my bedroom which is adjacent to bathroom B??
- Or is it necessary to find a different power source?
- MY QUESTION:
This electrical wiring question came from: Paul, a Homeowner from Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Paul.
How to Install a Bathroom GFCI Outlet Circuit
- The bathroom GFI receptacles circuit should be dedicated for the bathrooms alone.
- It would be best to extend the bedroom outlet circuit to the location of the TV or to install a new circuit to the TV location.
- I understand your reasoning however the bathroom circuit can get pretty loaded at times and the GFCI circuit protection is essential for the bathrooms.
- The other reason to extend the power from the bedroom is due to the requirement that the bedroom outlets be protected by AFCI.
- Even if your bedroom outlets are presently not on AFCI, if the circuit becomes converted at his time or in the future you will be compliant with the AFCI code requirement.
The Following will help you understand Bedroom and Bathroom Electrical Wiring
- Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
- Bedroom Electrical Wiring Requirements
- This wiring diagram and pictures explain the basic bedroom electrical code wiring requirements required for most new or remodel projects.
- Bathroom Electrical Wiring Requirements
- This wiring diagram and pictures explain the basic bathroom electrical code wiring requirements required for most new or remodel projects. Give your bathroom a face lift when you enhance the electrical devices that will bring out the best in you. Make your eyes sparkle with get a breath of fresh air when you install one of these smart upgrades.
- Electrical Code Articles
- Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets, electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-project, electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical-wiring, electrical-wiring-code, lighting-code, smoke-detector,
|« How To Ground Old Two-Wire Oultets||Installing an Electrical Outlet for a Wall Mounted TV »|
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.