|« Ask The Electrician – Electrical Questions and Answers Database||How To Install A 3-Way Motion Sensor Switch »|
Electric Stove Hot Plates Not Heating
©Copyright Dave Rongey - Summary:
How to Repair or Replace DEFY Hot Plates: Electrical Wiring for Hot Plates. When the DEFY hot plates do not heat then this indicates that one pole of the power is not functioning at the unit.
DEFY Stove Hot Plates
Electrical Question: Good day, I replaced all four of my stoves hot plates.
- Now the plates only get warm, not HOT.
- I have a DEFY Slimline 600 S.
Could you please help!
This electrical wiring question came from Patrick, a Homeowner from Cape Town, South Africa.
Dave the Electrician’s Reply:
Thanks for your electrical question Patrick.
How to Repair or Replace DEFY Hot Plate
Application: 220 Volt Hot Plate Wiring.
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and a Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and the available access to the DEFY hot plate wiring.
Precaution: Identify the DEFY circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the hot plate wiring.
Note: Replacement hot plates or burners must be for the same make, model, voltage and watt rating.
Electrical Wiring for Hot Plates
- When the DEFY hot plates do not heat then this indicates that one pole of the power is not functioning at the unit.
- The appliance must be connected to the mains through a double pole isolating switch which has a minimum clearance between the contacts of 3 mm. in both poles.
- Make certain that both poles of the isolating switch are in the ON position.
- If your stove has a disconnect switch make sure that both poles of the switch are functioning properly.
More about 220 Volt Stove Wiring
Wiring a Kitchen Range
Wiring a Kitchen Range Power Cord
- Fully Described Electric Range Installation with a typical 220 Volt electric power cord wiring system.
- How a 3-wire or 4-wire electric range is wired, and what to do if your cord does not match the plug.
For more information about 220 Volt Wiring Diagram
220 Volt Wiring Diagram
This link is helpful as a Homeowner
Make sure not to miss these Resources for: Wiring Diagrams