FAQs » Related » Resources » Reply » Ask a Question
Electrical Wiring for a Laundry Room
Installing Laundry Room Electrical Wiring for Dedicated Circuits and Outlet Requirements
Laundry Room Dedicated Circuit Wiring and Outlet Requirements
- The washer and dryer on the other wall.
- I know basic codes about sinks and wet bars and GFI outlets.
- Does the counter top have to have outlets every 4 feet?
- Also does this room need outlet receptacles every 12 feet?
This electrical question came from: Jake, a Student from Mitchell, SD
Additional Comments: Thank You
Thanks for your electrical question Jake.
Electrical Wiring for Laundry Room Dedicated Circuits and Outlets
- A dedicate 20 amp circuit is required for the laundry receptacle outlet for the washing machine.
- Additional outlets are not required, however if there are additional outlets within six feet of a utility sink then they are to be GFI protected.
- Kitchen counter top outlets must be located every four feet, but not in the laundry room.
- Electrical wiring projects such as this should be with a permit and inspections through your local building department.
- For best results consult with a licensed electrical contractor in your area.
How to Install Laundry Room Electrical Wiring
Laundry Room Electrical Wiring
Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Laundry Room Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
Wiring a dryer
Wiring a Dryer
See an electric dryer installation with a typical 220 Volt electric power cord wiring system. You may find yourself with either a 3-wire or 4-wire electric dryer, or a 3-wire or 4-wire outlet. Lets look a how the electric dryer is wired and what to do if your cord does not match the plug.
electrical outlet wiring
Wiring Electrical Outlet for the Home
Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how wiring electrical outlets for the home are done.
Electrical Code Articles
Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets, electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-project, electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical-wiring, electrical-wiring-code, lighting-code, smoke-detectors.
|« Making a Telephoning the Wire Set Up||Wiring Electrical Service Changes »|
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.