|« Solution for Sparking Light Switches||Dont Be In The Dark With These Light Switch Options »|
Electrical Wiring for Light Switches
©Copyright Dave Rongey -
Dave on Google+
How Not to be a Human Light Bulb
Differences Between Commercial and Home Light Switch Wiring
- I have a junction box with a top conduit that goes to 1 switch and 1 light
- The left side top conduit is the feed are power supply coming from another junction box
- The bottom left side has a conduit for a light and 1 switch
- The right side is 2 conduits that are controlled by switch 2 which is bottom conduit
These are to separate rooms with 2 separate switches.
- I need to know how to wire the orange wire is confusing to me that is coming from light fixture 1.
- I think it should be black.
- Then the 2 wires with black tape need to know why they did that.
This is a commercial medical plaza in Laguna.
I really appreciate your help about how to do this, and why it is wired this way.
This electrical question came from: Chris, a Handyman from Laguna, California
See more about Home Wiring for California
Thanks for your electrical question Chris.
May I make a suggestion to you?
- Because you are a handyman and you are working in a commercial medical building which has 277/480 volts I do not recommend that you perform this electrical work.
- This higher voltage requires a qualified electrician and from what you have described you do not have enough understanding to perform such as task.
This website helps educate home electrical wiring methods.
The information below will help assist others with home wiring methods.
Electrical wiring is nothing to mess with if you do not understand what you are doing,
so if that’s you, then don’t even guess or try anything.
- Call a Professional: a Licensed Electrical Contractor
Yes, home electricity can kill you, and commercial power such as described above is extremely dangerous.
The Following links will assist you with your electrical question:
Switch wiring diagrams
Electrical Wiring Diagrams
- Home electrical wiring diagrams are an important tool for completing your electrical projects.
- An electrical wiring diagram can be as simple as a diagram showing how to install a new switch in your hallway, or as complex as the complete electrical blueprint for your new home or home improvement project.
Wiring Diagrams Directory
You identified your project to be about Light Switch Wiring, so you might find this information useful:
Light Switch Wiring
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about wiring light switches describing the most common switches starting with photo diagram 1.
|« How To Install Three Way Dimmer Switches||How To Install An Outdoor Electrical Outlet »|
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.