|« How to Wire an Electric Dryer Cord||How to a Replace a Ceiling Fan and Hook Up the Wires »|
How to Fix a Dusk to Dawn Light Fixture
© By: Dave Rongey - Summary: |
How to Check the Security Light Fixture TEST Setting Functions and Replacing a Motion Detector Head on a Dusk to Dawn Fixture
What To Do If Your Dusk To Dawn Fixture is Erratic
This electrical question came from: Rick who is a Handyman.
Thanks for your electrical question Rick.
How to Replace or Repair Motion Security Light Fixtures
Application: Dusk to Dawn Light Fixture Wiring.
Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate.
Tools Required: Basic Hand Tools and Safe Ladder.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal experience, the light fixture and access to the light fixture.
Precaution: Identify the light fixture circuit, turn it OFF and Tag it with a Note before working with the wiring.
Notice: Replacement parts for the security light fixture should be compatible with the type of fixture that has been installed.
Security Light Fixture TEST Setting Functions
- Rick, first of all make sure that the motion detector head is not switched into the TEST setting.
- The TEST setting will over-ride the photo cell and will cause the fixture to trigger the lights to come on when any movement is sensed at any time.
Replacing a Motion Detector Head on a Dusk to Dawn Fixture
- If necessary the motion detector head may be purchased to replace the defective motion detector head.
- You will notice that there are a variety of sensing capabilities available, and the more sensitive the head the higher the price.
- You may also want to compare the price of the motion detector head all by itself compared to a whole new light fixture.
Installing Motion Detector and Security Light Fixtures
Installing motion detector lighting fixtures provide security and energy savings and they can easily replace an existing exterior wall fixture.
Related Questions about security-light-2
- Installing and Testing Dusk to Dawn Light Fixtures
- Electrical Wiring for Spot Lights
- Multiple Motion Detectors for Light Fixtures
- Why a Lamp Holder or Socket May Not Be Working
- Why Dusk to Dawn Fixtures Go On and Off
- Installing Flood Lights for Outside
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.