|« When Aluminum Wiring Becomes a Real Fire Hazard||How to Troubleshoot Home Electrical Power Problems »|
How to Repair a Hair Blow Dryer Outlet that Stopped Working
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Repair a Hair Blow Dryer Outlet: When the hairdryer stops working and the outlet does not have power then the problem is typically the circuit and can be resolved easily.
Electrical Repairs for a Blow Dryer Outlet
- I hit the reset button on the GFI outlet and nothing happened.
- I then went to the breaker box and it doesn’t show anything it tripped either.
- I used my multimeter to see if the outlet had any voltage and nothing.
- I even pulled the cover off of the outlet and checked to see if voltage was coming into the outlet and still nothing.
- I’m not sure where to go next? Blown fuse? If so how and where do I check it?
This electrical repair question came from: Jake, from Kenosha, Wisconsin.
See more about Home Electrical Repairs for Wisconsin
Thanks for your electrical troubleshooting question Jake.
How to Repair a Hair Blow Dryer Outlet
- Bathroom Outlet Circuit Repair
- When the hairdryer stops working and the outlet does not have power then the problem is typically the circuit and can be resolved easily.
- Usually this happens when a hairdryer is being used as well as other items, such as a curling iron or heated curlers are plugged in, which all together may cause the circuit to become overloaded.
- Even though the circuit breakers all appear to be in the ON position, most likely one of them is tripped.
- To restore power to the bathroom outlet simply located the circuit breaker for the bathroom outlet receptacles, turn it all the way into the OFF position, then back into the ON position.
- This will reset the circuit breaker and restore the bathroom outlet to be on so the hairdryer will once again work.
- If this keeps happening then you may have to plug in fewer items at the same time.
More about Bathroom Outlets
Wiring Electrical Outlets for the Home
Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how wiring electrical outlets for the home are done.
Home Electrical Circuit Breakers
A guide to home electrical circuit breakers and how they work to protect your electrical wiring. When properly installed, your home electrical wiring is protected by a circuit protection device.
Understanding Digital Volt Meters
When working on home electrical wiring using voltage meter can play an important part in electrical safety. Electrical testers and voltage meters enable you to identify electrical circuits and help prevent the possibility of accidental electrical shock.
Types of Electrical Testers
Using Electrical Testers and Voltage Meters
|« 240 Volt Wiring for an Electric Dryer||How to Troubleshoot Home Electrical Power Problems »|
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.