|« Solar Power Design with ATS for Utility||»|
Install an Attic Exhaust Fan to Help Cool Your Home
©Copyright Dave Rongey -
Dave on Google+
Cool Your Home with an Attic Exhaust Fan: Considerations when Selecting and Installing an Exhaust Fan to Help Cool Your Attic and Your Home.
Cool Your Home with an Attic Exhaust Fan
- The roof is concrete tile.
- The pitch of the roof is maybe 3/12 and eves vents are only on the outside of this horseshoe shaped ranch house so there may not be a lot of incoming air.
- Can you recommend a good roof fan.
This electrical wiring question came from Nancy, in Chula Vista, California.
Thanks for your electrical wiring question Nancy.
Considerations when Selecting an Exhaust Fan to Help Cool Your Attic and Your Home
- Consider Installing One or More Solar Powered Exhaust Fans
- The cost of a solar powered exhaust fan unit will pay for itself by saving on electricity compared to exhaust fans that require electrical power.
- Cooling the attic will help save on air conditioner operating expenses.
- Solar exhaust fans may be installed on most any roof, or at the gable vent location of the attic.
- Solar exhaust fans automatically start when the hot sunshine begins, and typically continue to operate while there is daylight.
Two Methods for Attic Ventilation to Help Cool the Home
Advantages of Roof or Gable Mounted Solar Powered Exhaust Fans
- Solar powered exhaust fans are a environmentally sensible solution that can protect your home and save you money on your energy bill.
- Roof mounted solar exhaust fans mount onto the surface area of the roof after an opening is made to allow the hot attic air to be exhausted.
- The solar panel is attached to the top portion of the exhaust fan and directed towards the sun to provide power for the unit.
- Follow the instructions as provided with the specific exhaust fan that you purchase to ensure proper location, operation and weather proofing of the roofing materials.
- A gable mounted solar exhaust fan is typically mounted over the gable vent which is located at either end of the home attic.
- The solar panel is mounted onto the roof in an area where it will receive the most sun exposure.
- The low voltage wiring will connect the solar panel to the gable mounted fan to power the unit.l
- Most Solar Exhaust Fans are east to install, and they are shipped fully operational right from the box.
- No electrical wiring is required, and no expensive electrician or permits are needed. Detailed installation instructions are provided with each unit
- How to Select a Solar Powered Exhaust Fan to Reduce Attic Heat and Cool Your Home – Cut Down on Expensive Air Conditioning.
|« Outdoor Wiring for a GFCI Outlet||Replacing a Blower Motor for an HVAC System »|
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.