Home » Electrical Wiring Directory » Cable, Electrical Wiring, MC Cable » Leave a Comment or Ask a Question
|« Why You Should NEVER Up-Size an Electrical Circuit Breaker or Fuse||When Storms Cause Electrical Problems »|
Installing MC Cable for Home Wiring
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Install MC Cable for Electrical Circuit Wiring – MC cable is required to be installed in some locations for home electrical wiring and is often used when wiring outlets and lighting circuits. The installation of MC Cable must be according to applicable codes including the following guidelines.
Methods for Installing MC Cable
This electrical question came from: Tony, a Electrician from Irvine, CA
See more about Electrical Wiring for California
Additional Comments: Very good website – very helpful.
Thanks for your electrical question Tony.
How to Install MC Cable for Electrical Circuit Wiring
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Tools Required: Electricians Pouch of Hand Tools for Rough-In Wiring, Electric Drill and Auger Bits and Extension Cord.
Estimated Time: Depends on the extent of the project, the type of construction and available access to the project area..
Precaution: Any existing wiring in the immediate area that may interfere with the installation should be identified and turned OFF and Tagged.
Notice: Installing additional electrical wiring should be done with a permit and be inspected.
MC cable is required to be installed in some locations for home electrical wiring and is often used when wiring outlets and lighting circuits. The installation of MC Cable must be according to applicable codes including the following guidelines:
- MC cable needs to be supported as follows:
- The same as when running Romex wiring.
- Secured or supported every 4 feet 6 inches.
- Secured with 8 inches of the box.
- Insert insulated bushing sleeves at each end of the cable.
The Following will assist you with your electrical question:
For more information about Electrical Code
- Home Electrical Code
- Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets, electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-project, electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical-wiring, electrical-wiring-code, lighting-codes and smoke-detectors.
- Electrical Junction Boxes for Home Wiring
- Understanding electrical junction boxes and what they are used for. Home electrical wiring is the process of installing electrical wire to a location that will serve electrical devices or an appliance.
- One very important component is the box where the wire will be installed. The type and size of the home wiring electrical boxes will depend upon the circuit size, application and its location.
This link is helpful as a Electrician
Electrical Code Articles
|« Causes of Electrical Noise and Green Light||When Storms Cause Electrical Problems »|
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.