FAQs » Related » Resources » Reply » Ask a Question
|« What to do About a Tripping Circuit Breaker||Repairing Electrical Outlets That Do Not Work »|
Is Your Bathroom Light Not Working – Then Check This
How to Fix a Bathroom Light Problem: Bathroom Light Lost Power and is Not Working: I have a light switch that has no power to turn on the ceiling light in the bathroom.
No Power to Switch and Bathroom Light
- I also have a n exhaust fan for a vent.
- What should I check?
This home electrical wiring question came from: Robert, from Stratford, Connecticut.
Thanks for your electrical troubleshooting question Robert.
How to Fix a Bathroom Light Problem
Application: Lost Power to a Bathroom Light Fixture and Switch.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and Voltage Tester.
Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with hand tools and electrical troubleshooting skills.
Precaution: Identify the bathroom light circuit, turn it OFF and then Tag it with a Note before performing any inspections, wiring modifications, or repairs.
Note: Electrical troubleshooting is best performed by a qualified electrical contractor.
Bathroom Light Lost Power and is Not Working
If your bathroom light is not working and there is no power to the light switch then check theses items:
- Tripped Circuit Breaker
- Look for a tripped circuit breaker, and if you find one then reset the circuit breaker.
- Keep in mind that circuit breakers will trip off because of a problem with the wiring or an overloaded circuit.
- Tripped GFCI Outlet
- Check the bathroom GFCI outlet to see if it is tripped OFF, and if it is then press the RESET button.
- This is one of the most common caused of lost power in the bathroom.
- Faulty Electrical Splice or Connection
- If there is a problem with the electrical wiring or a bad splice in the light fixture then electrical repairs will need to be performed to correct the problem.
- Bad splices are often found in light fixture where there are large watt lamps that produce a lot of heat.
More about Bathroom Electrical Wiring
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
- Wiring Diagrams
Fully Explained Light Switch Wiring Diagrams. Detailed Electrical Wiring Diagrams and Pictures assist your Home Electrical Projects.
Bathroom Electrical Wiring
- Fully Explained Photos and Wiring Diagrams for Bathroom Electrical Wiring with Code Requirements for most new or remodel projects.
|« Installing a Garage Electrical Circuit||Repairing Electrical Outlets That Do Not Work »|
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.