|« Wiring a Receptacle for a Lift Pump for a Septic System||Stop Smoke Detector False Alarms Once and For All »|
No Power to my Electric Clothes Dryer
©Copyright Dave Rongey -
Dave on Google+
Electrical Troubleshooting Tips for a Clothes Dryer: Dryer Outlet that is Not Working, testing the right circuit breaker.
Dryer Outlet that is Not Working
- I tested the dryer plug with my tester and I am not getting and power out the socket at all.
- I tested the breaker and I am reading 233 volts.
- The dryer is brand new so what could it be.
Thanks for your electrical question Aaron.
Electrical Troubleshooting Tips for a Clothes Dryer
- Make sure you are testing the right circuit breaker at the panel. Positively identify the dryer circuit, shut it off then inspect the wiring at the dryer outlet.
- Make sure the connections are right and secure.
- After reinstalling the dryer outlet and cover turn the circuit breaker back on.
- Test the outlet. If you do not have 230 volts then there is something wrong with the circuit wiring.
- You can also test from each 120 volt leg to ground to see if partial power is present.
- See the Troubleshooting Electrical Wiring link below.
Dryer Cord Wiring
- See an electric dryer installation with a typical 220 Volt electric power cord wiring system. You may find yourself with either a 3-wire or 4-wire electric dryer, or a 3-wire or 4-wire outlet.
- Lets look a how the electric dryer is wired and what to do if your cord does not match the plug.
Troubleshooting and Repairing Electrical Wiring
- Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
|« Planning a Solar Power System||Electrical Wiring for a New Garage Light »|
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.