|« Replacing a Flourescent Light Fixture||Installing Electrical Boxes In Plaster Walls »|
Wiring Bathroom Exhaust Fan Switches
©Copyright Dave Rongey - Summary:
How to Wire a Bathroom Exhaust Fan Switch and the Electrical Wiring Connections: I have to replace a bathroom ceiling exhaust fan with two switches for the fan and light, and a third leg continuing on to light the vanity.
Bathroom Exhaust Fan Switch Wiring
Electrical Question: I have to replace a bathroom ceiling exhaust fan with two switches for the fan and light, and a third leg continuing on to light the vanity.
- I wasn’t paying close attention when I was taking the old one out.
- Now am not sure how to put it back together.
- In the picture the switches come in on the left, the other circuit continues out on the right.
This electrical question came from: JP, a Handyman from Traverse City, MI.
Additional Comments: Great website! Deep content, good links, easy to navigate.
Thanks for your electrical question JP.
Preparations for Wiring a Bathroom Exhaust Fan Switch
- Application: Wiring a Bathroom Exhaust Fan Switch.
- Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced, best installed by a licensed electrical contractor.
- Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools and a Voltage Tester.
- Estimated Time: Depends on personal level experience, ability to work with tools and the access to the wall switch for the exhaust fan and if a larger switch box will be required.
- Precaution: The bathroom exhaust fan circuit should be identified, turned OFF and Tagged with a Note before working with the wiring and installing the exhaust fan switch.
- Notice: Modifying existing wiring or installing additional bathroom electrical wiring should be done according to local and national electrical codes with a permit and be inspected.
How to Wire a Bathroom Exhaust Fan Switch
- Bathroom Electrical Wiring Secret Number One:
- Don’t take all the electrical wiring all apart without identifying all the wires first.
- The wiring will need to be identified for the following:
- Incoming Power.
- Outgoing Power.
- Switched wires to the exhaust fan.
- Once these are identified then the electrical wiring connections and switch wiring will be very straight forward.
- Hook it all back up, take a warm shower and enjoy your exhaust fan.
Bath Exhaust Fan
Bathroom Exhaust Fan
- Installing a bath exhaust fan
- Replacing your existing bathroom exhaust fan
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
- Fully explained pictures and wiring diagrams about wiring light switches describing the most common switches starting with photo diagram 1.
- Electric Circuit Listing
- The size of the home electrical service panel is designed by calculating the square footage of the home and factoring in the code requirements for the electrical circuits that are required.
Related Questions about Wiring Bathroom Exhaust Fans
- Switch Wiring for a Bath Exhaust Fan
- How to Wire a Bath Exhaust Fan and Light
- Light Switch Wiring for Bathroom Exhaust Fan
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.